I am not familiar with this author or the website, Bustle. I have read some of these books however. I will give my 2-cents for those who are curious.
1. The Amityville Horror by Jay Anson. Those who know me know that I believe Amityville to be 90% a hoax. DeFeo absolutely killed his family, but was he possessed? Sure, by cocaine and beer. The family after his may have done some things to make the house react poorly but for the most part, it sounds completely fabricated.
2. The Haunted: One Family’s Nightmare by Robert Curran. Thought I read this but not sure. Perhaps I will if I havent already (although it does involved Ed & Lorraine Warren so maybe not).
3. The Myrtles Plantation: The True Story of America’s Most Haunted House by Frances Kermeen. Seriously could be good. I love the Myrtles.
4. The Uninvited: the True Story of the Union Screaming House by Steven A. LaChance. Read it, enjoyed it.
5. The Demonologist: the Extraordinary Career of Ed and Lorraine Warren by Gerald Brittle. I am not an Ed & Lorraine Warren fan so I am skipping this one.
6. Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife by Mary Roach. Because she is a scientist I am definitely going to read this one.
7. Ghosts Caught on Film: Photographs of the Paranormal by Melvyn Willan and Donald West. Don’t need a book, I can scour Google Images for days on end.
8. Beware the Night by Ralph Sarchie and Lisa Collier Cool. I read Ralph Sarchie’s book that inspired the movie, and enjoyed it. I would recommend it.
9. Weird Hauntings: True Tales of Ghostly Places by Joanne Austin, Mark Moran, Mark Sceurman, and Ryan Doan. Haven’t read it but have read probably close to a dozen just like it.